Plateau: Another attack leaves one dead, houses burnt
Jos – Despite President Muhammadu Buhari’s directives to the Nigerian army to end incessant killings in Plateau state, a late evening attack on Monday at Rotsu village of Irigwe Chiefdom in Bassa local government area of the State has left one person dead and about 30 houses razed. Rotsu is a few kilometres away from Nkyie Doghwro where 29 people were killed earlier in the day, recorded such minimal casualty as the village had been deserted following series of attacks plaguing neighbouring communities in the past one week. Though only a life was lost, but property worth millions were razed as many houses, some with food barns, were lost in the incident. At the time of this report, security agencies claimed they were not aware of the development but would call and confirm before commenting. They said no arrest had been made since the skirmishes began. Economic activities in the Chiefdom as well as schools have been paralyzed and residents moving out in numbers to avoid been killed by the assailants. However, the Operation Safe Haven has said it will investigate the purported involvement of the personnel on duty when the Nkyie Doghwro village was attacked. Vanguard gathered that the said personnel have been withdrawn and sent to the Operation Safe Haven headquarters for questioning on why such incident should occur especially when there was curfew restricting residents’ movements at night. Meanwhile, the State Governor, Simon Lalong paid an on-the-spot visit to the affected areas.